Meet Nadine Little!Nov 13, 2022
Come meet Nadine Little and browse their books at our Online Holiday Book Bazaar November 1st-30th 2022! Click here to check it out!
Tell us about your books! What do you love to write about?
I published my debut novel Captivity in 2020, along with three other books in The Faction War Chronicles series. It’s set in a dystopian Scotland and follows Anita Carmichael in her quest to learn the truth about who murdered her sister and started a war. You can try the prequel for free if you join my mailing list athttps://nadinelittle.com/free-prequel. It’s definitely for fans of brutal dystopia, military adventure and romance (eventually—you have to get through all the torture first).
I published my fifth book in 2022 but it's the first in a completely different series and genre. Who The Monsters Are is a paranormal dragon shapeshifter romance.
I also have many, many works in progress:
- To Tame a Monster (paranormal dragon shapeshifter romance, Hunters & Dragons #2, just back from my editor)
- We Are Not Angels (paranormal angel romance, The Warrior Angels #1, complete and will be published on the 16th of December 2022)
- Verdana (science fiction romance, complete and will be published April 2023)
- Better the Devil You Know (paranormal demon romance, Divine Demons #1, just back from my editor)
- Give the Devil Her Due (paranormal demon romance, Divine Demons #2, currently writing)
- The 5500 (urban fantasy, currently writing)
I love to write about strong, stubborn and feisty heroines, vulnerable guys, enemies to lovers and dark/gritty realities where my characters are struggling to survive.
What inspired you to get started as an author?
The dream of doing this for a living. Like most authors, I’ve been writing stories for as long as I can remember. My first publication was a short story about a woman whose husband never returned from a fishing trip so she threw herself into the sea. I was about ten. I wrote the first draft of my published Scottish dystopian series when I was thirteen and a lot of people die in that. I decided I wanted to become a published author when I found the half-written manuscript languishing on a USB about five or six years ago and started taking it seriously, learning all I could about the craft and how to publish.
What are your favorite books to read?
There are so many but my main ones have to be Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake or Meredith Gentry series. In honour of her influence, there's a nod to her main character, Anita Blake, in my Faction War Chronicles series. My main character is also called Anita (and is as stubborn and mouthy as her namesake). I love reading anything that has romance, angst and injustice.
For shoppers holiday shopping for their loved ones, tell us who are your book(s) for?
Adults. Definitely adults. Swearing and sex scenes abound in all of my books because I love writing about two people meeting and falling in love, however reluctantly. If you like action-packed dystopian or paranormal romance, enemies to lovers and epic fight scenes, you'll love my books. Though be warned: they can get quite violent and dark.
What’s the message you want to get out to people this Holiday Season?
Don't be afraid to try something new. I just want readers to be entertained by my books. I want them to follow my characters' journeys and empathise with them (we’ve all felt lonely, lost and hurt by people who should protect us). I want them to laugh with them, cry with them, cringe at their pain and then experience that icy burn of satisfaction when every single person who has hurt them gets their comeuppance. If readers finish my books and feel battered but happy, then I know I’ve done my job.
Where can we find you online?
You can find me in all the usual places, though I'm most active on Twitter or through my website:
- website: https://nadinelittle.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Nadine_Little_
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nadinelittleauthor/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nadine.little.author/
- Amazon author profile: https://www.amazon.com/Nadine-Little/e/B08H5PVVCN
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/20633726.Nadine_Little
- BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/nadine-little?follow=true
Want to get into the millionaire author vibe? Get on the waitlist for Carissa's upcoming 8-week course, Millionaire Author Manifestation to get in on early launch pricing!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.